Tuesday, September 8, 2009

All Dressed Up and Ready to Go!

This eighteen inch doll (not the 18 inch doll, but one that can actually be played with by a little girl!) is ready for my niece's daughter, Nicole, who has just started kindergarten.  The knitted coat and hat is from a pattern readily available online, http://www.abc-knitting-patterns.com/1013.html but I had to make numerous adjustments to the pattern.  I used the recommended sport yarn, but went down a size in needles, and shortened the length of the coat, and the length of the sleeves.  And, I didn't crochet the 'fur' edging, cuz I didn't like the way it looked.  So, I used a circular needle to pick up the stitches and knit it in the round.  All in all, I'm happy with the end result.  And I know Nicole will be as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment